I realize this is not the first “What to Do/What not to Do” article you’ve read about dating, however it is the first of many to come from yours truly. Now this one is for the men out there but ladies please chime in if I’m off base. What better way to learn how to approach a woman then to hear what one thinks. So I’m going to do my best to get some quick tips for you gentlemen out there before you go out for the night.
- Walk with confidence. This does not mean you need to do the ‘Puffer Fish’ which is what I can only describe as a man that sticks out his chest in hopes everyone sees his pecs or lack thereof. Walking with confidence is being sure of yourself. When you walk into that bar a woman is going to know what you’re about within the first few seconds of checking you out, so be sure to make it last.
- Don’t pick the low hanging fruit. Too many times have I seen guys go for the easy chicks and end up ruining their reputation with the prized goods. Go for the gold. If you see the most charismatic woman you’ve ever laid eyes on then go and talk to her. You only live once.
- Compliment gracefully. I sometimes cannot believe some of the lines that guys use. Key to compliments is research. Before possibly fumbling over your first line, survey your subject. What did she pay more attention to when getting ready for the night? Is her hair coifed to perfection? Is her body unbelievable? Perhaps she has killer jewelry that she can’t stop toying with as she talks to her friends. Find something that she cares about and start with that. I know it sounds like work but if you do this then I guarantee that you’ll earn yourself an extra minute with her.
- Always look at her eyes!! Did you read correctly? Or did you see boobs in place of eyes? Only check her out from afar or when she looks away but still you must be sly about it. Don’t give her the up and down glance while she’s talking to you. She’ll feel self conscience and you will blow your deal.
- Touch her. I know weird that I would be saying that right? I don’t mean fondle the girl. What I mean is when you are talking to her slightly brush her arm as to bring more attention to what you are saying to her. This is a touchy situation, no pun intended, but you either do it right or you’re “that guy.” So in the middle of your brilliant, captivating story that you are babbling about slightly touch her forearm or the side of her biceps. Not fairy like but don’t punch the chick either. It doesn’t stop there. Pay attention to her body language. If this move is done right then you will see her move closer to you or perhaps she’ll start touching you. And really isn’t that what you are looking for?
I have plenty more tidbits of fun advice that I’ll be sharing with you but I know guys can get overwhelmed. Just take baby steps. Remember, failure is the best way to learn. If you don’t fail then how do you know if you are on the right path? If anything just remember be yourself and walk with confidence.